Position yourself for future business
We have told you about important trends that will have a great impact on future business.
As you see there are a lot of trends – but all of them are not as significant as the ones we think matters most for YOU as a leader :
- Demographic Change
- Growing Diversity
- Changing Work Environments
- Converging Technology
- Desire for Work-Life Balance
- New Business Ecosystems
And there is more….
Here are some findings from the Leadership & Management in the UK – report:
- Ineffective management is estimated to be costing UK businesses over £19billion per year in lost working hours.
- 43% of UK managers rate their own line manager as ineffective – and only one in five are qualified
- Nearly three quarters of organisations in England reported a deficit of management and leadership skills in 2012. This deficit is contributing to our productivity gap with countries like the US, Germany and Japan.
- Incompetence or bad management of company directors causes 56 % of corporate failures
So what do you think?
We think that you as a leader are challenged in many ways – and the need for developing your skills is increasing. When changes are coming, you need to be able to make the right choices – faster and based on more information than ever before.
Business is changing – and you need too! New methods for self-leadership and communication will help you to position yourself for future business.
(Actually – most of the trends are already here – future comes much faster nowadays….)